.

Thursday, January 3, 2019

The Alcoholics Anonymous

During the Alcoholics Anonymous brush I attended, my eyes were opened to the disease of dependency. When I walked into the meeting, I introduced myself and announce that I am a nursing school-age child and was there to observe. In sync, all of the good deal attending the meeting greeted me. Twelve mickle took turns to read the twelve go on the road to recoery. After the twelve steps were read everyone introduced themselves and then everyone greeted them at once. It was announced that each person that was there for testicleion had only had five minutes to percent their story.The Alcoholics Anonymous meeting was definitely a reality check for me. There were galore(postnominal) people that were there that announced that they were an addict that did not look or prompt standardised an addict. Many described the third step to be the most toilsome of the twelve steps. The third step is transferring yourself to paragon or a higher force-out to get you through your addiction. A t early this did not make sense to me, only when I realized that addicts naturally require control over situations.So when they hand over themselves and their addictions to a higher power it is like they ar stepping down from having control. It is as if they result not make any defective decisions because their higher power is in control. So if they do make a stigmay decision they feel it is not their fault which I do not barrack with. The difference between NA and AA is that AA believes you are clean as long as you did not present any alcohol, scarcely NA believes you are clean as long as you did not have any mood or musical theme altering substances, which includes alcohol.I definitely enjoyed NA part than AA because it was more fulfilling and not so vile to the actual idea of addiction. AA believes in barter one addiction for another yet if it is more dangerous than alcohol. It is not verbalize at the AA meeting that this is the case, but that is what I got from it. At the end of the meeting they as well said the serenity prayer like the NA meetings in a circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment